Monday 2 May 2011

E-learning Week 2 lab 1

End product of Toy models exercise

Process


For this exercise it was pretty straightforward and simple. The basic steps were mainly to create polygons and then bevel them. However, for the bridge, there was an additional step, which was to boolean > difference. To do this boolean > difference, firstly you need to have two polygons, place them in the correct arrangement as shown below

use the boolean > difference tool and... Tada! the bridge polygon is formed!


End product of Toy train exercise

Process

The process for making the toy train, was pretty much the same as the toy models exercise. The only difference was the shaping of the train parts for example: the engine compartment at the front of the train where the edges of the semi-cylinder polygon had to be selected and using the move tool, I pulled the edges back to give the bending inwards effect.

Reflection 

After following the instructions to construct the toy block models, I learnt how to bevel and boolean > difference. This allowed me to complete the toy train model without any problems. The instructions to this exercise were easy to follow and I did not encounter any difficulties with completing my work.


Research

Here are some of the videos that I saw on youtube, which gave me a clearer understanding and helped me along with this exercise.


Boolean > difference tool - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMS1a8J8DeI

No comments:

Post a Comment