Saturday 14 May 2011

E-learning Week 2 Lab 2

Step 1 - Create a polygon cube with 9 divisions on each side.

Step 2 - Insert edge loops and select the faces on top.

Step 3 - Delete the selected faces on top.

Step 4 - Use the extrude tool to extrude the remaining faces on top to form the flaps of the box.

Step 5 - Use the move tool to make the flaps point outwards.

Step 6 - Insert edge loops in the necessary locations and then smooth the entire box to make the edges curved / beveled and give a more realistic look.

Step 7 - Select random vertices and rotate them to give the box an aging / used effect.


Reflection
This exercise has thought me how to make my models look more realistic by beveling the edges and rotating certain parts of the model by a bit to give it an aging / used effect. During this exercise, I encountered a major problem, which affected the look of my model. The problem is with the flaps of the box. When do not understand how to set the pivot where the flap bends, hence resulting in the face on top of the flap to slant at an unrealistic manner. Hence, affecting the overall look of the box.

Research

Here are some of the videos that I saw on youtube, which gave me a clearer understanding and helped me along with this exercise.

Insert edge loop and smoothing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfjuKY1jN6Y

No comments:

Post a Comment