Saturday 7 May 2011

Practice - T-Rex model

Front view of my not-so-perfect T-Rex model

Side view of my not-so-perfect T-Rex model


Reflection

Finally finished my model of a T-Rex after spending a day on it, experimenting with different tools in Maya. I find the skin of the body very wrinkled though, I guess I added too many subdivisions which caused them to fold in on themselves when I manipulated one of the vertices. This is my second try to model organic creatures, as I find modeling organic models very interesting and I hope to learn more on modeling organic models in the future IN3D classes.

2 comments:

  1. have you ever thought of trying to use a picture for reference? I mean... it's not really that good, you could have experienced with toold but still get the proper shape if you had something to work with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your helpful advice! I will try and model the t-rex with a reference the next time :) Sorry, but can you please explain to me what is toold? Thank you!

      Delete