Sunday 15 May 2011

Week 3 Lab 2 - Wash Board

Step 1 - Create a rectangular polygon using the create polygon cube tool, and select alternate faces of the polygon.

Step 2 - Use the extrude tool to extrude the alternate faces selected.

Step 3 - Use the bevel tool to bevel the protruding faces that have just been extruded.

Step 4 - Create a rectangular polygon and extrude to form the shape high-lighted above.

Step 5 - Extrude the bottom of the wash board to form the base.

Step 6 - Create two rectangular polygon and attach to both sides of the washboard.

Step 7 - Bevel the necessary areas of the wash board manually using the insert edge loop tool to make it as realistic as possible and group all the different parts together.


Reflection

In this exercise, I have learnt how to bevel both manually and automatically using the bevel tool. Just like the card board box and toy train exercise, beveling has helped make the model even more realistic and more appealing. Through this exercise I have learnt to make full use of the extrude tool to construct my model, almost every part of the wash board was achieved by using the extrude tool. I also learnt how to align my polygons using the align tool.

Research


Here are some of the videos that I saw on youtube, which gave me a clearer understanding and helped me along with this exercise.

Aligning polygons - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VVlYKGalgA
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Duq-yT-nwjQ

Extruding polygons - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHWh9ON4HA

No comments:

Post a Comment