Saturday 14 May 2011

Week 3 Lab 1 - Bucket


Step 1 - Create the outline of the bucket for revolving. The outline is created with the EP curve tool. 

 Step 2 - Revolve the curve to get the shape of the bucket

Step 3 - Select two of the opposite faces and move them downwards to form the curve shape where the handle will be connected to.

Step 4 - Create the handle with the 3-point arc tool and then extrude to form the handle. Added a little ring polygon to attach the handle to the bucket.


Reflection
In this exercise, I have learnt to use the revolve tool, which is a very convenient tool for making intricate models quickly. I also got to experience playing around with the EP curve tool and the 3-point arc tool to help me form different polygons. At first I experienced some difficulty in using the curve tool and forming models from the curves itself. After trail and error and lots of practice, I finally managed to form polygon shapes out from the curves drawn on the grid. Hence, I guess with practice comes perfection in modeling, and I hope to learn more techniques and methods to aid me in my modeling journey.

Research

Here are some of the videos that I saw on youtube, which gave me a clearer understanding and helped me along with this exercise.

EP curve tool and revolving - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vqrcHB_efU

No comments:

Post a Comment